City of Selma, County, and State Information

​Eviction Protection Information

* Submit this form in writing or notify your landlord immediately if you are unable to pay all or some of the rent due because of affects of the COVID-19 Pandemic. 

Resident and Community Resources


Payments have started to be deposited. Your particular circumstances may change the amount of payment made to you and your family. Timing for payments will also be affected by your tax filing status. If you are a veteran, or receive social security income your payments may be delivered in a different way. Please be aware of scams at this time. Get confirmation of name, title, and organization of anyone you speak with and verify they are who they say they are before giving bank information. 

County of Fresno Mental Health  559-600-9276

Business Resources and Information 

CDC Guidelines for Businesses
Department of Labor Workplace Postings 4/1/20 (required)
  • Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)

  • Federal Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)

Business Supporting Agencies

California Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (Go-Biz)

Fresno County Economic Development Corporation

Valley Community Small Business Development Center (SBDC)

Workforce Development Board Business Service Center (WDB-BSC)

Minority Business Development Center

Women's Business Center

Grants for Businesses

Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)

Restaurant Workers Community Foundation


Private Low/No-Interest Business Loans

Zero Percent Loans from Kiva for up to $15,000

​SBA Disaster Relief Loans​

Apply online for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) through Small Business Administration (SBA)

Apply with an approved lender for the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Lender Lookup ​​

Questions? Contact the local SBA office: (559) 487-5791 or visit

Small Business Guide to the CARES Act
Webinars for Businesses

Fresno Area Hispanic Foundation

Small Business Development Center

Minority Business Development Agency

Business Service Center (WDB)

James Beard Foundation -Food and Beverage Businesses

Workforce Development Board (WDB) Rapid Response Program
  • For employers who need immediate assistance for potential business closure. *Please contact both the City of Selma and Martha Espinosa at 559-490-7147

Business FAQ:

Can My Business Stay Open?

The City of Selma will be following the guidelines provided by the State of California and the Federal Department of Cyber and Infrastructure for classification of businesses that are deemed essential to the continued functioning of the local and national economy.

Who do I call if I see a business operating when they shouldn't be?

Please call City hall or the Police non-emergency line. The city will respond to all reported businesses and determine if they are allowed to operate while the orders are in effect. You may also use the Contact Us page to report any non-emergency issues related to COVID-19.

Who can I call to report really high prices (price gouging) at a Selma store?

To report price gouging call the District Attorney's Consumer Protection Unit at (559) 600-3156

Employers and Employees

Businesses: Note the Work Sharing program available. 

Employees: If your work hours have been reduced apply for Unemployment Insurance. Governor has waived the 1 week waiting period. Benefits can start immediately. Contact EDD: (800) 480-3287

Direct service line in Fresno 559-230-4158

WiFi and Internet Access

Comcast Xfinity -

Comcast has opened their public hotspots to everyone on the "xfinitywifi" SSID. Click the link below to view a map of the hotspots near you.

  • Increased access with Comcast includes: 

    • Xfinity WiFI Hotspots Free for Everyone

    • Pausing of Data Plan - Unlimited Data at no extra charge

    • No Disconnects or Late Fees

    • Internet Essentials Free to New Customers

Guide to Internet Services During Coronavirus

Utility Information

PG&E - Will not be disconnecting service.

Voluntarily implementing a moratorium on service disconnections for non-payment effective immediately for both residential and commercial customers. PG&E External Communications 415-973-5930

CAL Water - Restored service and no shutoffs.

Temporarily suspended collections activities and shutoffs on residential services for non-payments. Restored service to accounts previously disconnected for non-payment. Re-certification requirements have been frozen for low-Income Ratepayer Assistance Program. Call 559-896-4546 for more information.

SoCal Gas - No disconnects and no late fees for businesses.

Other Resources

Restaurant Workers Community Foundation - grants and loans for restaurant workers, non profits and more

US Bartender Guild Assistance Programs – The USBG has grant programs available for employers and employees affected by bar closures due to COVID19. Visit their website to apply.

California Restaurant Association Foundation – The CRAF is offering grants and other resources for those in the restaurant industry. More information is available here.

United Way – Community Economic Relief Fund

The United Way of Fresno and Madera Counties is working to set up a local relief fund for people who need housing, income, food, or other related assistance due to COVID-19 impacts. (559) 244-5710.

Penny Appeal USA Hardship Grant for Individuals

Bitwise Industries – Grocery Delivery

“We recognize this is a difficult time for many folks. As we continue to prioritize social distancing to protect ourselves, family, friends, and the greater public, we know many folks may not have access to everyday items they need. If you have an elderly or sick loved one that you can’t get to, or if you are elderly or sick, Bitwise is delivering groceries. Have cash? We’ll settle up. Don’t have cash? Bitwise will cover the bill. Please either send the recipient, address, and shopping list to or call 559-460-7809 to let us know what you need. Our direct messages and comment sections are open for requests as well. Bitwise team members are volunteering to make grocery runs for folks in Madera, Fresno, and Tulare County. Keep in mind many stores are low or sold out of certain items, but we’ll do our best to get you what you need.”

Ordrslip – Online ordering and mobile app

First three months free and waiving setup fee. For restaurants looking to pivot to alternative sales.  887-219-6215

© 2023 by Develop Selma. Proudly created with